Wednesday 27 February 2008

I want: Sportmax Hair Bows in every colour.

I LOVE THESE BOWS.
I mean, i LOVE them.

I love them so much I just want to roll up in a little bundle and cry, because I cannot for the life of me locate a shop (online or otherwise) that sells them.
The misery. Sportmax has nailed this bow thing as far as I'm concerned. Winehouse's bows are too skinny-skiffle-rockabilly for my liking, Chanel's are too ingenue, and VV Roleaux just doesn't have anything in at the moment that catches my fancy ( a feat in itself- I could live at that haberdashery).
So when I saw these petal-soft, sumptuously coloured beauties at the Sportmax show I thought, 'sod the shitty salary, I want one of those', and away (online) I went, card in hand, determined to nab one for myself.

I saw some lucky ladies wearing them at London Fashion Week the week before- and they're as lovely in person as they appear on the runway. I now regret not running up to them and sitting on them til they told me where they'd bought them (or given me one, out of fright).

Which brings me to now: Sportmax, why hast thou forsaken me? And where can i buy your bows? It's no good putting something on the runway if you won't let us have it!

hmph.

6 comments:

Vancouverista said...

These would be so easy to make though! Just go to a fabric store and find some super thick satin ribbon, tie a bow onto a hairclip and voila!

Vancouverista said...

By the way, are you a Douglas Coupland fan?

Anonymous said...

I second that - except maybe the second one which is flippy silk (perhaps?)
It's worth a try though, I do love these as well. Maybe you can't buy them because they were just fashioned up for the show? like a one-off?

vv said...

Vancouverista - that's really weird that you asked: I've just finised a Bret Easton Ellis/ Jay Mcinerney / Douglas Coupland reading spree!
I didn't think it'd leaked into my writing though - has it? (worrying!)

Vancouverista said...

Well, just that your blog is called girlfriend in a coma! haha I've read a lot of Coupland's books, mostly because he's from Vancouver, but my favourite was Microserfs.

vv said...

Oh - that's actually a reference to my long and enduring love for the music of The Smiths!