Wednesday 6 February 2008

A little winter sun.


It is the most lovely day in London today; it's the 6th of February, but it feels more like early April. I walked past Cavendish Square this afternoon, on my way to the John Lewis food hall to pick up some cookies for the meeting in the office today and gazed wistfully at everyone who'd spread themselves out across that little patch of lawn smack-dab in the middle of W1.
It took me back to the summer at the end of my first year of university, where every other day saw us (me and the then-boyfriend) on the lawns of Hyde park/Park in front of the Indian YMCA in Goodge street/any little bit of green. It's my idea of bliss, and yesterday I planned my perfect picnic (if London weather obliges it may come to pass quite soon):
Hampstead Heath + bottle of lovely vino + strawberries, grapes and nibblies + a little music & a copy of Lula.
Bliss.

My perfect picnic playlist:
Blur's Modern life is rubbish + Think Tank - the entire albums
Snippets of The Smiths
Maybe some Kooks - they always evoke summer for me

This is a work in progress clearly, sitting indoors at a desk isn't helping. What would be on your list?

No comments: