Friday 15 February 2008

This Week:

...was London Fashion Week, where I worked/attended shows and picked up a nasty chill, which brings me to where I am today, in bed at quarter to four in the afternoon on a weekday, in my sloppy clothes, on a 7 hour tv-marathon. Thus far I have imbibed multiple episodes of Greys Anatomy, one splendid episode of Brothers & Sisters, and a couple of not-so-spectacular episodes of Cashmere Mafia (seriously-what is that show?).
The last week was fun though; highlights included my VIP pass, giving me access to all parts of the Fashion Week site, free food and drink, a free haircut, and a fantastic masquerade ball last night (thank you Aganovich). The other thing that kept me going all week was my rediscovery of Blur's Modern Life is Rubbish album, a classic and perfect in every way. I listened to it every day on my journey both to and from the Natural History Museum in South Kensington, and found me listening enjoyment undiminished even on repeated listenings.

Blur's second album saw them finding their feet just before they suddenly became Britpop's poster-boys, and in songs like Chemical World they started to develop those themes of everyday British life that would become their trademark. (Damon Albarn's delicate ballad Blue Jeans has always been one of my favourites, along with Miss America) If you haven't heard this album, buy it, buy it now.

No comments: